Job title: Software Engineer
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: Inside IR35
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Duration: Ongoing/Long term contract
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £ Negotiable
Location: Derby/ Remote Working Available
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
You will be responsible for systems with programmable elements that are used in a safety or security critical context. Providing a service to our client to provide advice on how to develop and verify such systems to ensure that they meet engineering standards and regulatory requirements, as well as providing services to develop and verify programmable systems.
Knowledge & Experience required:
* Knowledge of design, development and test of real-time, embedded software, particularly in a safety-critical context
* Experience of applying standards used in safety and mission-critical industries such as IEC 61508, DEF-STAN 00-55 and 00-56, ARP4754/4761 and/or RTCA DO-178/DO-254
* Experience of developing and / or assuring Software, Programmable Logic Devices (PLD) and Complex Electronic Hardware (CEH) Systems
* Demonstrable experience of providing independent advice, support and guidance in an Aerospace, Rail, Nuclear, Medical or other safety critical environment
* Experience of developing pragmatic and novel solutions to complex problems, with an ability to think "outside of the box" where required
* To support current long term programmes we are very interested in people who have demonstrable software and Complex Electronic Hardware (CEH) development and test experience in C, C++, ADA, Verilog or VHDL programming languages.
Must hold: Degree-level qualification in Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, Safety-critical systems engineering, Computer Science or STEM subject. Chartered Engineer status, or membership of a relevant professional body is expected.
* Track record of developing or verifying and validating safety-critical systems and/or software in a highly regulated industry such as Nuclear, Medical or Aerospace;
* Strong problem-solving skills;
* Ability to contribute to all elements of the project lifecycle;
* Excellent communication skills in the English language, both written and verbal, and with colleagues and clients;
* Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team;
* A strong work ethic and level of professionalism;
* Candidate needs to be organised and be able to think creatively.
Please note each candidate must either hold or be able to obtain Security Clearance for this role.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This contract is being advertised by Rullion Ltd.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.