Principal EC & I Engineer
Job title: Principal EC&I Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £Competitive
Hours of work: 37 hours
The Principal EC&I Engineer will be responsible for leading design teams to produce the designs for clients projects. These designs will cover the full project life cycle from concept design through to manufacture and commissioning.
The engineer will lead a multi-discipline design team and be responsible for coordinating and planning the design of equipment. The engineer will interface with the project manager, engineering manager and client.
Work will be managing a team of designers reporting to the Engineering Manager
* Produce or manage the production of design concepts / layouts.
* Carry out technical risk analysis on designs for EMC compliance and CE certification.
* Produce or manage the production of designs that conform to the relevant British and European standards and client requirements.
* Produce or manage the production or maintenance of a technical file in accordance with NIS Quality Assurance.
* Ensure that the design addresses operability, maintainability and safety issues.
* Produce or manage the production of Design Justification Reports that demonstrate the design mitigates all technical risks identified.
* Produce or manage the production of a level of information (drawings, specifications, works instructions, etc.) that enable manufacturing to take place.
* Check drawing details.
* Undertake or manage design studies and the production of reports on outcome while making recommendations.
* Ensure designs meet the required project programmes, budgets and quality.
* Support the Business Development process, being the technical lead within bid team.
Requirements & Experience Required:
* Relevant engineering degree and Chartered Engineer or working towards.
* BS7671 18th edition & EN 60204
* Low voltage control gear experience
* PLC Control systems experience
* Instrumentation experience
Ideally applicants should also have:
- SC Clearance or the ability to obtain clearance.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.