Senior Stress Engineer
Job title: Senior Stress Engineer
Job Type: Permanent (But may also consider rolling contract)
Start date: ASAP
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £ Dependent upon experience
Location: Chorley, Lancashire
Hours of work: 37 Hours per week (Mon-Fri)
WFH: Where projects allow
Applicants must have experience of the following:
Experienced with both classical hand calculations and finite element stress analytical techniques
Detailed knowledge of primary design codes, including BS 2573 & BS 5950 or their equivalents / emerging.
Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
Minimum 5 years stress analysis experience
The Senior Stress Engineer will work within a multi-discipline design team and be responsible for undertaking (or supervising the production of) calculations and analysis of designs produced as delegated by the Principal Engineer or Engineering Manager. Work will be undertaken individually or as part of a small team of designers reporting to the Principal Engineer.
- To develop calculations to substantiate the designs of mechanical handling equipment, lifting equipment and gloveboxes supplied by the client
- Check calculations and analysis undertaken by others
- Assist with other analytical activities such as ARM, throughput, thermal and fluids calculations
- Provide advice and guidance to designers to assist with developing designs
- Liaise with and review work being undertaken by sub-contractors
- Liaise with clients to establish calculation and substantiation requirements
- Develop new calculation methodologies and techniques to improve efficiency and standards and to meet project requirements
- Supervise stress analysis work by other engineers
- Assist with design estimates
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.