Workshop/ Production Manager
Role: Workshop/ Production Manager
Duration: 12 months Temp to Perm
Pay Rate: £18-£20 p/hr PAYE
Areas of Responisbility/ Tasks
- Responsible for production planning & scheduling, resource availability and control
- Responsible for day to day management of workshop employees and contractors
- Comply with the company operating procedures and statutory obligations. Participate in project Design & Safety Reviews, Risk Assessments etc.
- Report to the General Manager on all matters relating to the business
- Monitor and Control Third Party product quality to ensure project and statutary requirements are met.
- Ensure that equipment is supplied in accordance with the design / operational requirements.
- Develop , maintain and cultivate relationships with Clients, Suppliers, Sub Contractors to enure successful execution of the project.
- Take part in the process of ensuring equipment is manufactured, tested, assembled and packed in accordance with the design / operational requirements.
- Responsible for health and safety within the workplace, working with EHS Safety Advisor to cultivate and maintain a high level of compliance with current legislation
Knowledge & Skills
- Time served production Plater / Welder (Served fabrication apprenticeship). Experience of the Metals industry. Passport to Safety holder.
- Experience of the Production function from receipt of goods through to packing and release for shipment within the Metals Business.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and positively. Take an active part in the decision making of the production / engineering team.
- Exposure to different cultures from around the world leading to sensitivity towards those differing cultures.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.