Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Job Title : Electrical Maintenance Engineer
End : June 2023
Pay rate: £42,000 per annum including 3 rotating shift premium.
IR35 status: Inside
Working Pattern: Rotating shift pattern including earlies (06:00 - 14:00), lates (14:00 - 22:30) and weekends (06:00 - 18:00) (see attached typical shift pattern.)
Overview of Duties:
- Support the TPM, PPM & CBM program and respond to equipment faults.
- Designing and implementing improvement projects.
- Commission modifications and alterations to existing plant and equipment, to improve line efficiencies.
- Develop procedures and methods for new installations.
- Accountable for the installation of new parts ensuring equipment is working correctly.
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults on PLCs, in depth troubleshooting on all machinery and equipment to identify root cause.
- Training Apprentices and new recruits to the section.
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs.
- Carry out rectification work on product (after completion of training).
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fitting's, or components.
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores, equipment, and costs.
- Dealing with and responding to emergencies, unplanned problems, breakdowns & repairs.
- Working within Health & Safety policies and procedures and making improvements.
- Working with pneumatics & hydraulics.
- Utilization of the appropriate tools required to complete each task such as a lathe, milling machine, welding plant, power tools & hand tools.
- Use of CBM equipment (vibration, thermography, acoustic).
- Maintain a CMMS.
- Drafting of work instructions.
- Fully customer focused.
- Focus on continuous improvements.
- Support contractors.
- Electrically qualified to 18th Edition regulations.
- Strong PLC knowledge, ideally Siemens, Beckhoff, NUM & Mitsubishi.
- Strong experience of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ideally apprentice or NVQ level 3 trained in either electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Experience in mechanical drives and mechanical set up of complex drive systems.
- Ability to interpret drawings, blue-prints, manuals, sketches, or verbal instructions
- Computer literate.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.