E&M Multi-skilled Mechanical Craftsperson
Our client is recruiting an experienced & qualified Multi-Skilled Mechanical Craftsperson based in the
Lochaber/North Argyll area.
About the Role
Working as part of the Electrical / Mechanical maintenance team the successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of an effective proactive and customer driven service to Water and Waste stakeholders.
The role holder will start from home and provide a field based multi-skilled Mechanical service ensuring the safe and effective operation of all plant and equipment.
This role will be either based in Fort William or Oban but will support other areas within the wider West Coast E&M team.
The key Accountabilities of the Role will be:
- To repair, maintain, install and carry out effective repairs and maintenance for the Water, Waste Water and Networks Assets using core Mechanical craft skills and general electrical craft skills for predominately internal and occasional external customers.
- Resolving technical problems associated with activities and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- To liaise with the workflow team to plan and co-ordinate resources. Ensuring an effective and cost-efficient response to any incidents, reactive or planned work.
- To ensure the personal safety of self and others, including undertaking Risk Assessments and the subsequent selection of appropriate equipment and safe working practices.
- To undertake a range of mechanical craft skills, which may include some maintenance or removal of pumps, pump component replacements, engines, valves, gearboxes, specialist electrical interface hydraulics and pneumatics, fitting, pipe disconnections, and mechanical devices (such as bearing's couplings, brakes and safety guards)
- To undertake a range of electrical craft skills, which may include maintenance or removal of
motors and electrical isolation work, while observing 17th(18th) edition working practices
Essential for this Role
- For this role you must be prepared to work a standby rota.
- A full driving licence is required.
- All applicants to have served a full apprenticeship
- HNC or NC in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
Desirable Knowledge & Behaviours
- The successful candidate should be confident, personable and have excellent communication, organisational and customer service skills. In addition, the role holder should be capable of managing complex situations, work effectively as part of a team and have proficient IT skills.
- In this role you will communicate with internal and external customers in regard to work being carried out on site. Giving progress reports where necessary and always ensuring our customers get excellent service.
- This role is primarily field based and contains an element of lone working. Full training and PPE will be provided to enable you to carry out the role.
- Have experience or an understanding of working within a strong Health & Safety culture to ensure that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Be a quick learner, with the ability to use computer systems and on-line learning modules which are essential to the role.
- The ability to plan and prioritise your work, whilst maintaining flexibility to accommodate changing priorities. Experience or an understanding of working within a strong Health & Safety culture to ensure that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Be a strong team player, who can work well with others to achieve common goals and have a willingness to learn from others.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.