CAE Engineer - Digital Projects
Role: CAE Engineer - Digital Projects
They are pioneers of unique technology, delivering clean energy to address climate change and improve air quality. They are working with world-leading partners to embed their technology in mass-market energy products for the commercial, residential and transportation markets. They recruited over 150 people in last few years even throughout the pandemic and are continuing to grow.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop, optimise and assess electrical performance and structural integrity of the fuel cell digital twin using FE and CFD Analyses coupled with robust design techniques and statistical data analysis of results.
The role involves conducting a variety of CAE analyses, including Multiphysics, FEA, CFD simulations and fuel cell life assessments using robust design techniques (i.e. Six Sigma, DOE, Monte Carlo Analysis, Design Optimization, etc.) for digital projects and inform the engineering community of optimal solutions to meet product technical requirements.
This will be executed through development, implementation and maintenance of automated analysis workflows generated on a dedicated software platform and integrated to the Cloud.
What a great candidate looks like:
This is a highly complex and technical role requiring someone capable to understand cutting-edge fuel cell technology problems (electrochemistry, CHT, stress, nonlinear material behaviour, environmental degradation, etc.) and translate them into CAE simulations and surrogate models, to achieve accurate and reliable performance / life predictions of the fuel cell digital twin.
* Degree in mechanical engineering, with at least 5 years of professional development in fuel cell, clean energy, automotive, aerospace and / or similar industry.
* Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, C++), and an understanding of algorithmic complexity.
* Experience developing socket communication, parallel programming, and file import/export for co-simulation.
* Experience with distributed systems in general, especially in cloud and web.
* Experience with HEEDS, COMSOL, StarCCM+, ANSYS and / or Abaqus and Minitab is beneficial.
* Demonstrate practical skills to complement academic background.
* Proficient in robust design techniques applied to CAE analysis and statistical data analysis of simulation results.
* Demonstrate an interest in fuel cells/batteries/electrolysers or other electrochemical applications.
If this role is of interest please hit APPLY NOW, or alternatively you can send your CV or call Ricky Shaw at the Rullion HQ in Altrincham for more information.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.