Would you like to join an established utilities business who are on a journey to strive for zero carbon? Be a part of their aim which is 'Leading the North West to Zero Carbon'.
The company thrives on being part of a customer focused team that likes to put their people first. They are committed to building teams to represent the local communities and promoting the importance of inclusivity at work. The aim is to always encourage, support and develop our people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
Purpose of the role
As the Low Carbon Technology planning assistant you will assess the initial applications that are received from customers for the connection of LCT and carry out the initial desktop study to see if further work is required before it can be approved. You will work closely with the customer care coordinators to ensure that we proactively communicate with our customers and delivery partners to ensure the delivery of their work to a high standard in as short a timeframe as possible.
- Responsible for approving the connection of Low Carbon Technologies to our network in line with the ENA process. This will include doing the initial desktop study to assess whether the existing supply is suitable for the connection of LCT
- Assessment of applications to ensure that they meet the minimum criteria and returning these to customers with clear communication where required
- Deal with inbound customer enquiries over the phone and through the mailbox
- Listen and respond to voicemails on a daily basis
- Work with the team to identify new ways of working with regards to Low Carbon Technologies
- Be proactive in delivering a first class service to all customers ensuring that they receive an excellent experience at each touch point.
- Promote a seamless customer journey throughout the team to maximise CSAT performance.
- Maintain an understanding of the Design Principles in accordance with current Electricity North West licence conditions, policy and standards.
- Supporting the design team in meeting the service level agreements in responding to applications for LCT
- Responsible for the timely notification of any service level agreement failure to the lead planner, completion of failure documentation where required
- Responsible for efficient management of workloads and prioritising customer demands with team support.
- Ensure all data for Ofgem is accurately recorded for the purposes of meeting regulatory requirements
- Work closely with the lead planner in collating data analysis for MI reporting, specifically in relation to applications, identifying trends, themes and possible actions
- Provide a support to the lead planner in the effective resolution of complaints.
Key measures and targets (Performance Indicators)
- Customer Satisfaction
- Application Triage Timescales
- Time to Connect
- Complaint Resolution
Key relationships (Internal & External)
- Business Connections
- Domestic Connections
- LCT Installers
Knowledge and skills
- Proven experience in delivering excellent customer service
- An appreciation of underground and overhead network.
- Knowledge of the electricity distribution business is desirable
- Self driven with the proven ability to work in a demanding role.
- Experience of working within a highly regulated environment.
- Have exceptional communications skills both written and verbal
- Commercial awareness.
- Be proficient in use of SAP, SAP Portal & MS Office specifically Outlook and Excel
- Flexible, adaptable and organised
- Proven ability to work within an effective team.
- Effective relationship building.
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong analytical reasoning.
You will also demonstrate the following behavioural competencies:
- Customer Understanding
- Results Focus
- Forward Thinking
- Concern for Excellence
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.