6 month contract
As the Quantity Surveyor you will be part of our Commercial team who are responsible for the successful commercial delivery of Highways Maintenance Works on the North Somerset contract.
The contract is with North Somerset County Council with an annual turnover of c.£10m.
As the Quantity Surveyor your duties & responsibilities will be:
- The development of robust target costs for new projects
- Project Cost Control, change control, risk review, applications and final accounting
- Supporting site team to correctly implement the contract and advise on issues with commercial impact
- Subcontractor procurement, contract set up and execution, commercial management of -subcontractors including payment and change control.
- Some forensic planning and assessment of extension of time claims
- Liaising with supply chain and client (occasional 3rd party consultants)
- Monitoring and early warning of KPIs
- Forecasting and preparation of information for CVR reporting through the Commercial Manager
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of MS software
- Appropriate Quantity Surveying Qualification / professional affiliation
- Extensive knowledge of NEC contracts, in particular Option C Target Cost
- Ability to negotiate
- Record of successful project delivery
- Driving License
- CSCS card
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.