We are working with United Utilities to recruit 2 Meter Readers in the Crewe area; this is a fantastic opportunity to join a company named as one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 by Glassdoor. The role is a 6-month contract initially, working 37 hours per week.
United Utilities have several exciting opportunities for Meter Readers to join their team. You will visit customers in their homes or businesses to accurately collect meter readings, customer information and any other associated information required by United Utilities and their clients to assist billing and customer service delivery. Working as part of a busy field operations team you will be responsible for all meter reading, meter and related data validations within set timeframes and within the Crewe area. The vast majority of visits will be un-appointed which means that you can plan your own working hours within the agreed operating window. You will start each working day from your home address and a vehicle will be provided.
You will be responsible for accurately collecting meter readings, meter, customer, property and associated data in accordance with business processes and business and regulatory standards. You will also be responsible for:
- Operating Meter Reading equipment in accordance with business processes and escalating issues with equipment appropriately.
- Attending meter sites including within customers premises meeting with customers face to face
- Carrying out appointed visits in accordance with business processes and Regulatory standards
- Escalating customer issues in accordance with agreed business processes
- Ensuring Company Health & Safety policies and procedures are correctly applied and report all significant hazards, near misses and accidents through our business processes (AIRline etc.)
- Promptly reporting safety issues that could affect employees, work colleagues, customers or members of the public
- Referring customers to the appropriate sources of help as necessary
- Ensuring that key performance indicators are met for each job type
- Adhering to CMex & GSS targets and processes
- Working closely with the team, team manager and the wider MRSS team to optimise scheduling routes and service delivery relevant to the role
- Make informed decisions on meter asset defects
- Identify opportunities to offer customers value added services, using meter read data where appropriate
Knowledge and Skills
- To be considered for this role you will need to have good communication and customer service skills, with a professional demeanour and excellent planning and organisational skills. You will also have:
- Ability to accurately record data onto the Company held meter reading equipment
- Previous experience of working in a customer facing environment with a keen eye for detail
- A proven successful track record of achieving daily, weekly & monthly performance targets with minimum supervision
- Confidence in using IT equipment, e.g. accurately collecting numerical and written data.
- Flexible attitude to work i.e. willingness to work evenings and weekends to ensure that minimum performance standards are met as well as undertaking any other duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to work alone in accordance with Company Lone Working Policy as well as working within a team
- Demonstrate self-motivation and self-management with good customer service skills, always prepared to put our customers first
- Experience of working in a similar role will be an advantage but not crucial because full training will be provided
- Previous experience of high-volume data entry work
- Good geographical knowledge of working area
This role will involve working 37 hours per week. 24 of those ideally between the hours of 4pm and 8pm Monday to Friday and between 8am and 1pm Saturday (4 hours). The remaining 13 hours can be worked flexibility to suit. Hours to be discussed at interview stage.
Start date TBC May 2022
Should your application be successful, and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any assignment offer with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Barring Service and a Drivers Licence Check.
This temporary vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd, inside IR35
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.NMorris
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.