Principle Cell Manufacturing Engineer
Role: Principal Cell Manufacturing Engineer
They are pioneers of unique technology, delivering clean energy to address climate change and improve air quality. They are working with world-leading partners to embed their technology in mass-market energy products for the commercial, residential and transportation markets. They recruited over 150 people in last few years even throughout the pandemic and are continuing to grow. This position will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to be involved in a fast-expanding environment where personal achievements are recognised and rewarded through personal development and professional growth.
Focused on managing and delivering Continuous improvement, Problem Resolution, Technology Transfers, NPI projects, and industrialisation of the Fuel Cell manufacturing processes.
You will support the Cell Manufacturing Engineering Lead to schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the Cell Manufacturing Engineering activities aiming at assuring delivery and quality from conception to completion.
- Supports Production and wider business to achieve KPI's (delivery, quality and cost).
- Supports Development of Team objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans, conferring with management.
- Supports development and implementation of Cell Manufacturing Strategy to meet volume and cost requirements.
- Determines specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Perform design and development activities to enhance fuel cell manufacturability, performance, and reliability, including ownership of key processes and sub-processes.
- Supports project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions based off data and context.
- Reviews engineering deliverables and initiates appropriate corrective action plans.
- Perform design and production verification activities using design of experiments, test data analysis, design reviews, FMEA, DRBFM etc.
- Support and solve engineering problems using recognized issue resolution methods such as 8D.
- Liaise with suppliers on technical issues to ensure tooling, equipment and CAPEX are successfully deployed. Communicate learning to team members.
What a great candidate looks like:
The successful candidate will have excellent people skills, taking a pivotal communication and coordination role between the various technical teams. They will also have a strong delivery focus, using their technical knowledge to quickly resolve new issues. They will also have a strong background in the modern manufacturing toolbox using the methodologies of 6σ or Lean.
- Preferred BEng/Meng Mechanical and or Manufacturing Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience at a Senior/Principal Engineer level
- Experienced in cellular manufacturing,
- Project management and supervision skills
- Requirements Analysis
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Process & Continuous Improvement
- Technical Understanding
- Documentation Skills
- Safety Management
- Advanced MS Office skills and preferably in statistical analysis software also
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Hands on with the process and encouraging the team to embrace this philosophy
- Able to encourage others to learn and adapt fast
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
If this role is of interest please hit APPLY NOW, or alternatively you can send your CV or call Ricky Shaw at the Rullion HQ in Altrincham for more information.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.