JOB TITLE: Construction Planner
LOCATION: Dungeness, Kent
RATES: £40,219 - £46,779
DURATION: 12 MONTHS FTC
Full time 37 hours per week
4 Day working week (Monday-Thursday)
WFH - Where projects allow, but mainly a site based role
As well as Excellent Employee Benefits, including company bonus, pension and competitive holiday allowance.
To provide a planning service to the Construction Manager in compliance with relevant company procedures. As the Construction Planner, you'll be managing the Construction Integrated Plan and Coordination resources across the Site.
* Accountable to the Construction Manager for service and to the Head of Profession for standards.
* Assist the Construction Manager & Construction Office in conducting interactive planning sessions, capturing output to form the basis of Construction plans.
* Produce an Integrated Level 4 schedule for the Site
* Monitor and Coordination of Site Resources via the Integrated Level 4 schedule.
* Review and interrogate Contractor/Sub Contractor Construction/Delivery Plans/Schedules that are submitted and make recommendations to the Construction Manager.
* Maintain alignment of schedules (including milestone dates) in the schedule hierarchy to ensure absolute linkage throughout.
* Ensure key milestone dates are included in the scheduling tool (e.g., gate reviews, regulatory milestones, procurement plans, etc.)
* Ensure schedule contingencies and mitigation activities are identified.
* Ensure regular review and update of the Construction integrated plan. Facilitate reviews where necessary by chairing/coordinating Construction planning meetings. Analyse construction risks and impacts and make recommendations. Actively monitor progress with mitigation activities and ensure information is fed into the Construction Manager
* Understand the Construction scope of work for Projects/contracts.
* Review float erosion and provide the Construction Manager status on perceived likelihood of delivery.
* Identify and Manage Resource interfaces between the Construction Office, Project Programmes, Engineering and Maintenance.
Qualifications and experience:
* NQF level 5 or equivalent significant, demonstrable planning experience
* NVQ Level in Construction or equivalent
* BSc Civil Engineering or similar equivalent qualification through experience
* Membership of a relevant professional body
* Considerable experience of construction within the nuclear industry or within a contracting or other regulated construction organisation
* Significant Experience on Primavera P6
* Excellent leadership, communication, and IT skills
* Understands the impact on schedules from a highly technical and regulated industry
* Significant demonstrable experience of constructing and reading logic driven, resource loaded construction schedules
* Significant experience of rolling up and summarising working schedules
* Good understanding of Critical Path Analysis (CPA) / Programme
* Understanding of CDM
Please be aware this role holder requires security clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment agency
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.