OHL Works Planner
Are you seeking an organisation who is passionate about first class customer service, offers opportunities for career progression and fantastic support and cares about their people and wellbeing?
Rullion is working with a leading organisation in the northwest, that provide just that, they are known for innovating smart and flexible solutions that keeps the energy flowing with reliable, affordable and sustainable power services. The work you do will not only help power everyday lives of people in millions of homes and businesses but also contribute to a greener tomorrow.
Our client loves building customer centric teams that are passionate about the customer journey, career driven and tenacious. They are committed to representing the local communities they serve whilst promoting inclusivity at work. Their aim is to always encourage, support and develop their people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
Due to exceptional demand, our client is going through a high phase of growth in 2022 and this is fantastic opportunity for a Works Planner to join a high performing team and be part of transforming how energy is delivered. The work you do will be vital in delivering an exceptional service that will support the region in achieving its Net Zero targets
- You will create Overhead line maintenance and refurbishment projects with Design Engineers and Design Technicians to ensure that design work packages are delivered on time.
- You will be responsible for the creation of scheme documentation, and when necessary the creation of design drawings using our mapping and data collection systems.
- Using our asset management tools, you will be interrogating and analysing the collected overhead line data and progress the works in conjunction with the Design Technicians into a fully constructible project.
- You will work closely with our Design Technicians to prioritise all aspects of Maintenance and Refurbishment works.
- You will communicate and progress elements of projects that need interaction with internal and external stakeholders e.g. BT, Street lighting authorities etc. that are impacted by our networks.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent grades 4-9 including Maths and English Language (essential);
- Have an excellent working knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook with emphasis on Excel (essential);
- Have the ability to manipulate large volumes of data using advanced excel formulas and present results in various formats including graphically (essential);
- Be self-motivated and have a pro-active approach to problem solving (essential);
- Be a strong team player though willing and able to work using your own initiative (essential);
Be an excellent verbal and written communicator with a focus on delighting our customers in everything we do (essential);
- Competent in the use of CAD, and / or the company's drawing packages. (essential);
Knowledge and skills
The key skills required for the role: -
- Have an excellent working knowledge of MS office including Excel, Word and Outlook with emphasis on Excel (Essential)
- Map reading and orientation skills (Desirable)
Have an excellent working knowledge of CAD and / or other drawing packages.
- Must be highly IT & business literate, articulate and persuasive with excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and with the ability to communicate non-technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be self-motivated and have a pro-active approach to problem solving (Essential)
- Be an excellent verbal and written communicator. (Essential).
- Hold a full UK driving licence (Desirable)
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment agency
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.