Project Management Assistant
The UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) leads the world in fusion research, with a wide range of programmes working on the key challenges of putting fusion power on the gird. You can be part of this growing organisation that is helping shape the future of the world's energy!
The PMO team at the UKAEA are looking for a Project Management Assistant.
As a PMA you will be expected to provide support with document management, to maintain databases and other tools in support of performance reporting and management, budgeting and manpower resourcing across projects being executed in a matrix management approach.
The successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a key position that focuses on supporting the delivery of projects across the RACE portfolio. RACE is conducting R&D and commercial activities in the field of Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
Project Management Process:
- Develop and maintain and operate project processes and registers including:
- Risk management, risk register
- Change management, change register
- Interface management
- Support with development of project plans
- Project financial controls
- Management of export compliance controls system
- Control and management of project and technical documentation, on conventional windows files structure, SharePoint, and UKAEA / customer document management systems.
Play a key role in reporting data across the RACE projects portfolio including the following tasks, all of which require liaison with the project managers, technical teams, and project finance manager:
- Preparation of monthly reports
- Preparation of quarterly reports
- Assist project / programme managers in preparation for board meetings
- Production and maintenance of team job cards
- Maintenance of team holiday planner
- Management of overtime requests
- Organisation of meetings
- Record of minutes / actions from meetings
- Coordination and support for team travel
Administrative Support to Site Management Team
- Organisation of site access requests
- Staff RACE reception (job share with other staff)
- Coordination and support to site management team
Essential Aptitudes and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in document management
Beneficial Aptitudes and Experience:
- Experience of modern document management systems
- Experience of modern collaborative working platforms (e.g. JIRA)
- Understanding of the engineering design process, including design reviews and data management
- Development of tools to assist with project management
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.