Planning Engineer - HVAC
Planning Engineer - HVAC
Up to £430.00pd PAYE Contract (+ 33 days paid leave) or Up to £565.00pd Umbrella
40 hours per week. 8 hours per day.
Working in the Planning Discipline of Integrated Project Controls, under the direction and leadership of the IPC Planning Manager, to establish, develop and maintain Project schedules / plans for either the Central Controls Team or one of the Programme Controls Teams. This will include the timely and accurate maintenance of the Integrated Work Schedule (IWS) in adherence with HPC processes, management of Level 3 (contract) schedules, and provision of time-related data and analysis. To assist and support the Central Controls Team when required to ensure alignment with the Level 2 (client) IWS. To support EDF Energy in making informed decisions to support the efficient and timely delivery of work scope
It is the overarching objective of the Integrated Project Controls (IPC) Function to act as a centre of excellence: the intelligent owners of the single source of delivery performance information, operating as an integrated enabler for the successful delivery of the HPC Project.
- Support the IPC Planning Manager and/or PCM in the implementation and maintenance of Integrated Project Controls processes for Planning, including the production of monthly reports, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis;
- Collaborate with other Disciplines of Integrated Project Controls, as well as other Project Support Functions, to help deliver Project goals in keeping with the HPC principles of Trust, Transparency and Teamwork;
- Maintain an awareness of schedule interfaces with other Programmes and their potential impact.
- Produce and maintain the schedule baseline IWS in Primavera 6 (P6), with fully logic-linked work plans aligned to the Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and utilising approved construction techniques;
- Ensure the Level 2 IWS is updated to an agreed timeframe for monthly reporting;
- Ensure the HPC Level 3 schedules are updated when required to reflect work progress and performance, to an agreed timeframe defined by the Central Controls Team;
- Ensure that contractor schedules are produced in accordance with HPC processes and ensure that they align to the IWS forecast position;
- Maintain daily and weekly work planning in 4D model;
- Provide quality checks on the Scheduling data;
- Identify, analyse and provide solutions to time-related issues;
- Co-ordinate and produce schedule reports to a defined reporting cycle;
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Detailed understanding of scheduling methodologies and techniques;
- Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques in a UK context;
- Ability to produce accurate, complete and fully logic-linked construction plans;
- Good working knowledge of P6;
- High level of analytical and numerical skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of other Disciplines of Project Controls (particularly Estimating, Cost and Risk) including management techniques and associated software;
- Understanding of earned value analysis;
- Understanding of various contract types, in particular the NEC suite and FIDIC;
- Working knowledge of schedule risk analysis techniques;
- The ability to build relationships both internally and externally;
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of HND or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Construction or other related field;
- Proven relevant experience in a Project Management or Project Controls environment in a similar Scheduling role;
- Experience in the use of scheduling software, ideally Primavera P6 version 7 and above.
- Minimum 10 years MEH experience working on large scale infrastructure/ industrial
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering (Preferred)or Degree in Engineering, Construction or other related field;
- Professionally qualified with chartered or equivalent status;
- Experience of commercial contracting;
- Experience of working over the full lifecycle of a project;
- Experience on a major construction project;
- Experience in the Nuclear sector.
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.