Grid Interface Electrical Engineer
Rates: Competitive - Umbrella
Rullion are working with a world leader in fuel Cell technology with the aim of playing a central, and crucial role in the global transition to clean, affordable energy to tackle climate change and air pollution. The client's world-leading, fuel-flexible Cell can generate power from conventional fuels like natural gas and from sustainable fuels like biogas, ethanol, or hydrogen at very high efficiency. Made from mass-market and widely available materials, the Cell is inherently cost-effective, robust, and scalable. It is an ideal technology to tackle air pollution and climate change as it significantly lowers carbon emissions and pollutants, lowers running costs and can enable renewables.
Grid Interface Electrical Engineer Role:
Rullion are looking to speak with Electrical Development Engineers who can provide support as part of the Systems Engineering Function group. The successful candidate will be responsible for Electrical Engineering support on projects involving Electrolysis and Electrical Network Connection packages on AC & DC distribution level. Key accountabilities include:
Electrical network and AC and DC distribution design of grid-connected electrolysis system.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the grid connection package for electrolysis technology or similar demand loads.
- Work within a project team to develop concepts for electrical architecture, including producing drawings and supporting material of the electrical architecture and physical concept including high level wiring schematics and physical partition of components
- Support others in the project team and suppliers to develop a fully detailed electrical design
- Produce and communicate detailed requirements and conceptual designs to contractors and suppliers to ensure compatible operation of all the project parts
- Accountable for the functional and regulatory success of the electrical design
- Accountable for the build quality functional and regulatory conformance of the electrical parts of the system
Grid Interface Electrical Engineer Candidate Requirements:
- Hands-on practical Electrical engineer with strong theoretical knowledge and experience of real-world components and systems with at least 5 years' experience
- Qualified in Electrical Engineering (Degree, HNC, etc)
- Experience designing and delivering grid connections for generation and demand projects involving AC and DC distribution and transmission (MW scale systems). This includes designing and interfacing the electrical system with control system elements such as PLCs, electronic power converters, transformers and protection devices, and sizing cabling, contactors, and other critical components)
- Electrical network analysis and understanding of how power systems work
- Knowledge of reviewing contractors design (electrical drawing and schematics, ETAP design, BoM, design calculation, components selection)
- Practical experience of designing electrical systems (cable sizing, protection device selection, earthing/grounding design) and able to advise on panel and wiring layout, connection requirements, cable management etc
- Typical projects have a strong R&D component and involve working on first of a kind prototype development, therefore a positive mindset and can-do attitude are strongly desirable
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants. If you are interested in this role, please click apply now! Or alternatively you can contact Jordan Steele at Rullion HQ - Good Luck!
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.