Senior Quantity Surveyor
Who are we?
We are United Utilities, the North West's water and Wastewater Company. It's our job to bring 3.0 million households and thousands of businesses an incredible 1,700 million litres of clean, clear water each day. We take it all away too, treating it so it's safe to go back into the rivers.
Our 5,000 employees are key to achieving our ambitious vision and plans and we all work together to provide a great service to our customers.
This is where you come in…
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the Supply Chain department to support the successful delivery of the Capital Delivery Programme, specifically working on the current AMP7 Programme by providing a professional quantity surveying service. The key focus of this role is to commercially manage a portfolio of works contracts to ensure that they are delivered in accordance with the contracted terms and conditions & that all issues are mitigated and managed to protect United Utilities commercial interests. In addition, you'll need to lead other Quantity Surveyors on larger or more complex contracts.
What will you focus on?
- Manage post-contract commercial processes and procedures to deliver key commercial requirements on projects to include early warning and change management; cost forecasting; payments; cost auditing and agreement of final accounts
- Negotiate and resolve contract claims/disputes
- Attend progress meetings and site visits
- Maintain contract data with a high degree of accuracy
- Identify innovations to systems, processes and procedures to provide improvements to service provision; as well as supporting the Supply Chain Management team and embed good commercial practices and expertise on contracts
- Provide project team with general advice and guidance about commercial issues
What do you need?
- Quantity Surveying degree or direct equivalent
- Chartered Membership of a relevant institution
- Experience of estimating and/or contract formulation and/or contract management for construction works
- Knowledge of Key quantity surveying processes, tools and methodologies used across the whole project life cycle
- Demonstrable experience of applying knowledge to produce commercial benefits for the company
- Strong commercial acumen, negotiation and resolution skills
- Ability to manage the commercial function on complex and/or high value projects
- Experience in managing others
We'd love to hear from you if you are excited about joining a leading FTSE100 organisation at an exciting and challenging period of change. Working from our head office where you will find innovative science labs and award winning contact centres, along with onsite free parking and a free bus service, restaurants and coffee shops, beautiful gardens and lake and discounted onsite gym and much more!
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.