Data Analyst (Technical)
£12.04 per hour
We are working with United Utilities to recruit a Data Analyst to join their team on a 9-month contract basis initially. The role is based at their head office in Great Sankey, Warrington but may involve elements of both office and home working during the current Covid-19 pandemic, applicants must be flexible to do both.
The role holder will provide support to the business' end to end metering processes and an exceptional level of service to their customer base. The successful candidate will also be required to assess and evaluate customer data, identify and resolve potential metering issues, and raise work to UUs contractors whilst liaising with field-based staff.
- To manage and maintain the through put of work into the section including the following processes, meter maintenance installs / testing / logging / resizing / relocation / disconnections "illegal" connections / warrants and communicate results to Retailers when applicable.
- To deploy work to the metering technicians and raise work to the company's contractors in an accurate and timely manner and create quotes for work requests from retailers.
- To maintain databases, spreadsheets and produce regular reports on metering activities and monitor existing UU equipment attached to our meters.
- To interrogate and update the company's billing file and work management systems.
- Analyse metering and consumption data identifying meter related issues, taking appropriate action to expedite a swift and appropriate resolution of identified issues.
- To handle telephone calls from internal customers and external Retailers, resolving queries as required during operational hours.
- To ensure data is input and analysis is delivered accurately and on time.
- To monitor workloads and data to ensure SLA's are not missed.
- To interrogate various systems to understand the underlying issue to take the appropriate action.
Knowledge and Skills
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent including excellent numeracy and writing skills.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and MS Share point
- Ability to work under own initiative to establish logical options and select/generate solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with internal and external customers efficiently and courteously
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic IT technical support knowledge
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Analytical skills with the ability to establish logical connections and identify trends and exceptions
- Attention to detail to enable production of accurate information to expected quality on a right first time basis.
- Ability to accurately record, interpret, manipulate and present information
- Ability to plan work within SLA's and use own initiative from time to time.
This is a full time role working 37 hours per week - Monday - Friday.
Should your application be successful, and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any assignment offer with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Barring Service and a credit check.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Limited acting as an employment business.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.