Emergency Preparedness Assurance Officer
Up to £215.00 per day PAYE Contract (+ 33 days paid leave on accrual)
Or Up to £284.00 per day via approved Umbrella
40 hours per week. 8 hours per day.
To support the Construction Emergency Preparedness Assurance Programme across the Hinkley Point C construction site (HPC), focusing on assurance of contractor's construction Emergency Arrangements.
To support the Construction Emergency Preparedness Assurance Lead in undertaking themed inspections of the emergency preparedness and response arrangements as provided on the construction site ensuring a consistent and integrated delivery of those emergency arrangements.
The post holder will also be expected to support the aim and objectives of the Emergency Preparedness Team in managing and delivering the HPC Emergency Arrangements across the construction Site.
- Support the Construction Emergency Preparedness Assurance Lead in the inspection and audit of contractors Emergency Arrangements;
- To carry out inspection of contractor emergency facilities and equipment to ensure that they are maintained to a high standard and in a state of operationally readiness;
- Make any recommendations relevant to deficiencies found within the inspection and audit process;
- Provide high quality and detailed reports linked to observations and recommendations arising as a consequence of the Emergency Preparedness & Response Assurance inspections and audits;
- Assist with the preparation and review of the documentation related to construction safety emergency preparedness and response arrangements;
- Assist with the planning and delivery of HPC emergency exercises to 'quality assure' all aspects of the site's construction emergency arrangements;
- Represent the HPC Emergency Preparedness Team at internal and external meetings;
- Supports the site's emergency management response and recovery operations during an incident as required;
- To maintain levels of professional knowledge to ensure best practice is disseminated;
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Knowledge of construction safety requirements, relevant legislation and regulation effecting construction safety and emergency preparedness;
- Effective influencing skills with the ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with professional and managerial disciplines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience at report writing;
- Ability to assimilate, analyse and present complex problems, identify necessary action, make recommendations and ensure actions are implemented;
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and demands.
- Experience in a construction environment dealing with multiple interfaces and stakeholders;
- Experience of inspecting and auditing construction related activities;
- Experience of implementing a quality assurance programme.
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.