Assistant Planning Engineer
IR35 Status: Inside IR35
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Duration: 12 months
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £35 Umbrella
Location: West Cumbria
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Applicants must have experience of the following:
- Demonstrable experience in the Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project & Excel within a project environment
- BSc level qualification in an engineering construction related discipline (advantageous)
- Flexible approach to working with regular travel required
- Ability to work within a growing team and demonstrate individual drive
- Questioning attitude
- Confident working as part of a team including collaborations with other companies
Ideally applicants should also have:
- SC Clearance
- Nuclear site pass
- Knowledge of the Nuclear /Decommissioning business desired but NOT essential
The assistant planning engineer will possess the expertise needed to successfully manage programmes across, projects and frameworks, as required under the supervision of Senior planning engineers and the Project Controls Manager. They will be responsible for implementing, monitoring/controlling and closing out project schedules.
- Under the guidance of the Project Control Manager and more Senior planning engineers the Assistant Planner will work with the project management, engineering, design and decommissioning teams by developing and aligning work load and programmes
- The assistant planning engineer will work either as the primary planning resource on smaller lower risk projects or provide support to senior planners on larger, more complex projects.
- Developing, monitoring, updating and amending project programmes across the full project lifecycle (including bid/tender for low risk tenders and estimates)
- Assessing robustness and validity of subcontractor programmes and progress claimed
- Administering the programme to meet NEC 3 contract requirements
- Monitoring and preparing progress reports (including Earned Value Management) with the Project Manager
- Providing programme impact information to the PM and QS to support claims, variations and compensation events.
- Providing information to the Project Controls Manager for the projects they are responsible for on work force/resource requirements.
- Managing snagging/ defects and schedule of outstanding works schedules.
- Attending regular project progress meeting, including client facing and other stakeholders
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This contract is being advertised by Rullion Ltd.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.