Principle EC & I Engineer
IR35 Status: Inside IR35
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Duration: 12 months
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £55 - 60 Umbrella
Location: Preston (occasional travel to West Cumbria could be required)
Hours of work: 37 - 40 hours per week
Applicants must have experience of the following:
- A relevant Degree
- Be an active Member of the IET
- Hold Chartered status
- Be competent in the use of AutoCAD and in the application of relevant drawing standards.
- Be competent in the use of Dialux/Relux
- Be competent in the use of Amtech
- Ability to confidently author documentation dealing with complex technical matters and able to check such documents authored by others.
- Proven experience of supervising and mentoring more junior engineers and designers.
- Ability to make individual decisions.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience within the nuclear industry
Ideally applicants should also have:
- SC Clearance
- Nuclear site pass
- Lead a team of EC&I engineers and designers working on technical projects.
- Responsible for the technical, financial and quality delivery of a number of projects assigned to other engineers.
- Provide guidance to junior engineers.
- Input into programmes and estimate man-hour costs for EC&I aspects of projects.
- Produce 2D E&I drawings in AutoCAD and direct designers in the production of more complex drawings.
- Perform complex cable calculations by hand or in Amtech.
- Perform lighting calculations in Dialux/Relux and direct designers in the production of more complex calculations.
- Produce standard design deliverable documents (reports, method statements, technical files etc.)
- Perform checking role for deliverables produced by other engineers and designers.
- Knowledge of CDM risk assessment process and designer responsibility under CDM.
- Detailed knowledge of nuclear industry specific engineering practices regarding cable segregation, safety mechanisms, radiation/contamination, protective markings, fit for purpose etc.
- Explain EC&I engineering designs to clients who may be non-expert or non-discipline.
- Present technical solutions at design reviews.
- Ensure that design deliverables are of a high standard and compliant with relevant standards, regulations and customer specific standards.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This contract is being advertised by Rullion Ltd.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.