Up to £320.00pd PAYE/£425.00pd via selected Umbrella
40 hours per week. 8 hours per day.
We are currently recruiting The Commercial Manager who will be responsible for managing the successful delivery of post contract commercial activities across a number of major contracts on the HPC Project.
As a Responsible Designer ("RD") and Edvance provide crucial Engineering and Design review services to HPC the combined value of which is in excess of 3 Billion Euros. To deliver this key scope of work side-by-side with the Contract Project Managers and, together, manage closely the interfaces with HPC Engineering as well as other areas of the project - ensuring that governance and stakeholder management is diligently always complied with.
As part of the RD/Edvance contract team you will be responsible for contract management of a large section of the scope covered by these 2 high value contracts. Both contracts are administered under NEC3 PSC terms and in accordance with regulatory and governance requirements. Our team is based across offices in Bristol (Aztec West) and Bridgwater but with a continued embracing of remote / hybrid working principles.
- Helping to manage and develop a Commercial Team including establishing clear roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities.
- The day to day management of Assistants, Apprentices and/or Commercial Support Officers under their control or within the wider team.
- Ensuring all Principal Accountabilities for the contract commercial team are implemented in accordance with HPC commercial procedures.
- Adopting the role of Intelligent Customer, ensuring that stakeholder expectations are met regarding commercial probity, value and that the supply chain is treated fairly and equitably.
- Leading in the engagement with the supply chain based on collaborative working principles and applying the skills of supporting, coaching, enabling and facilitating team members through change; thereby building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Managing a key scope of work in the commercial management of contracts during the execution phase - in particular the management of change via Compensation Events.
- Overseeing contract commercial relationships. Work with collaborative behaviours in a spirit of mutual trust and cooperation. seeking to achieve equitable outcomes for all parties to facilitate early commercial close-out of contentious topics.
- Consideration of the nuclear baseline and distribution of nuclear safety significant responsibilities within the team; ensuring people are aware of the needs of a strong nuclear safety culture.
- Responsibilities under the approved Supply Chain Policy managing contracts and being a direct interface with the supply chain to ensure an embedded nuclear safety culture exists.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Track record working with NEC3 contracts in the power construction industry and major projects; with knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
- Demonstrate a considerable track record of administering successful contract
- Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value.
- Educated to degree level.
- Good understanding of procurement, contract performance measurement, risk, change, and claim management.
- Familiar with nuclear site licence conditions, the nuclear baseline philosophy, and the UK regulatory framework would be of an advantage
- Member of the RICS/CICES/IOB or equivalent professional body is preferred
Rullion is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.