Fuel Supply Engineer
- Manage fuel and component supply chain to ensure safe uninterrupted delivery of nuclear fuel to stations.
- Identify, monitor and mitigate nuclear fuel related risks to avoid disruption to nuclear fuel supply.
- Manage fuel quality to ensure safe delivery of nuclear fuel to stations.
- Manage additional/new contracts associated with nuclear fuel supply projects, including third party surveillance contracts. Support negotiation of such contracts.
- Interface with fuel and component suppliers to ensure that maximum value is gained through collaborative relationships.
- Oversee and coordinate interaction between Engineering and fuel & component suppliers to maintain clear communications.
- Deliver fuel quality related projects (e.g. legacy fuel, End of Generation).
- Able to manage contracts and effectively liaise with fuel and component suppliers.
- Able to foresee and manage risks and obsolescence issues, and apply appropriate mitigations.
- Able to constructively challenge suppliers on quality issues.
- Quality assurance audit skills (identify the key quality issues and appropriate standards and make recommendations on how to meet these).
- Cost engineering/commercial planning.
- Report writing including scheme papers (e.g. Board paper and briefing notes).
- Role holder will normally be qualified to Degree level in a relevant engineering, science or commercial discipline or hold an appropriate equivalent recognised professional qualification or experience.
- Solid experience in a technical, scientific or commercial related role.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.