Risk Management Lead
Job title: Risk Management lead
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Hours of work:
Around 40 Hours a week
£71,000 to £91,000
Applicants must have experience of the following:
- Can obtain sc clearance
- Nuclear background experience preferable
- Will travel and work on the odd occasion at different sites around uk
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in engineering / project / construction management or a related field and member of relevant institution e.g. APM
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
- Extensive experience in a specialist risk & opportunity position
- Awareness of various contracting methodologies (eg FIDIC/NEC3-NEC4/JCT etc…)
- Advanced risk & opportunity management techniques eg Monte Carlo Analysis
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
- A postgraduate qualification is also desirable, as is membership in a professional body
- Ideally APM qualified preferably to Chartered Project Professional (ChPP)
Working closely with the Business Streams, the Lead Risk Manager role is both critical and high profile and therefore the post holder will need to have the ability to effectively engage with and influence the Business Stream Directors as well as individual delivery teams to achieve the required risk management outcomes.
Working closely with their respective counterparts across the Group Project management function, the post holder will ensure the standards set at a Group level for managing risk are implemented and, where appropriate, improved within Nuclear company.
This position provides the opportunity to set and establish the overall standard by which strategic enterprise risk management, project, programme and portfolio risk management and risk analysis will be deployed throughout and across the Nuclear Business. The post holder will be subject matter expert on risk and will define and establish the standards and ways of working across the portfolio of customer work Nuclear delivers.
A critical component of the transformation detailed above is deployment of Group Project Management standards via a suite of contemporary project risk management tools, upskilling the delivery teams, addressing gaps in competence with the risk function and providing assurance to the business on the performance of major projects and programmes with respect to risk.
* Own and manage the strategic risk registers for the Business Unit , communicating any risks that need to be reported to the Sector and Group level.
* Working with the company Executive, define the Company Nuclear Risk strategy and establish and maintain Risk Management standards and processes aligned to this strategy to ensure a consistent approach to Risk Management (including identification of threats and opportunities, assessment and management of mitigations)
* Act as the Risk Management Global Process Owner & Local Process Owner in accordance with GPO BMS procedure for the company.
* Provide specialist Risk Management advice across the Business Unit and within individual Business Streams.
* Lead the development of a Delivery Capability Framework including:
o Ensuring Alignment of resources to the Global Job Catalogue and Role Profiles
o Development and maintenance of SQEP Assessment Criteria for Risk Management personnel
o Monitoring the health of completion of SQEP Assessments to the latest criteria
* Responsible for setting the strategic recruitment needs and plans for the function based on current capability and projected future capability needs of the business.
* As the Subject Matter Expert, provide visible leadership and influence, direction and guidance in relation to Enterprise and Project Risk Management and Analysis across the Nuclear Business.
* Establish and maintain risk analysis standards and processes for use across the Business to enable the effective utilisation of cost and schedule risk analysis practises appropriate for the lifecycle phase of the project.
* Manage the Business Unit risk register on a day to day basis and communicate any escalated risks to the Nuclear Sector.
* Define the strategy and drive the implementation of the newly selected software for Risk Management and analysis, once selected.
* Apply appropriate Assurance and Governance to ensure consistent application of Risk Management and Analysis in accordance with the standards and processes. Where actions are identified from assurance reviews work closely with the project teams to ensure close out of actions and embedment of improvement activities/solutions to prevent reoccurrence and promote continuous improvement.
* Set the standards and monitor for Competency requirements across the risk profession; identifying competency gaps then developing and implement strategies to address the skills and training gaps to achieve alignment with respective industry bodies e.g. APM and Institution of Risk Managers
* Provide strategic guidance and leadership for to ensure the long term risk management resourcing for the business unit is understood and managed.
* Responsible for the 3 Year Risk Management Strategy for Nuclear.
* Be highly proactive in monitoring external developments and build an external body of contacts to leverage improvements.
* Collate, coordinate and communicate Business Stream and Functions risks on behalf of the Business Unit.
* Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across Delivery co-operate with respect to company standards regarding matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Company information: (must be included)
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.