The nature of the role is to provide leadership & support to ensure the effective delivery of activities in the programme, while recognising and managing the impacts of the programme on the wider Project. The Project Manager will apply a project management approach to activities relating to design principles and system design which are undertaken by the Architect Engineer, detailed design, manufacturing and construction which are largely delivered through contracts and commissioning managed through integrated contractor and Client teams to ensure all activities are delivered safely, to quality, budget and schedule.
The Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of a specific set of activities to time, cost, safety and quality including the day to day management of specific contracts and the Level 3 and Level 4 schedule (Detailed Control Schedules) which provide detailed weekly and monthly work execution sequences.
The Project Manager will be responsible for setting up and managing a near term work plan to drive the delivery of work on a week by week basis, setting up and compliance with a budget for their areas of activity; development and operation of a risk log- challenging any increase in costs and developing options to reduce cost, setting up and operating the quality plan and the change control for their contracts.
* HNC, Degree in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
* Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
* Demonstrate success in managing / developing:
* Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery,
* Multi-discipline EPCM projects,
* Procurement and management of complex contracts,
* Control of costs; risk; schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools,
* Close out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations.
* Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders.
* Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
* Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC or FIDIC contracts.
* Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
* Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
* Strong numerical and analytical skills.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) and Health and Safety at Work act.
* Knowledge and / or practitioner of Project Management with experience of applying either; APM body of knowledge or PRINCE 2.
* Can demonstrate experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover.
* Understanding the needs of nuclear Quality and how nuclear quality is assured and controlled.
* Understand how to apply a graded approach to Quality.
* Accuracy, tenacity, diplomacy, results oriented.
* MS office proficient.
* English fluent - written & verbal.
* Nuclear experience, working within a regulated, licenced environment.
* Membership of an appropriate professional institution would be an advantage.
* Self-motivated & able to work on own initiative.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.