Assistant Project Manager (SIP)
## Assistant Project Manager - Site Improvements Project (SIP)
*Initial 6 month contract*
Join the **Fusion Foundations Programme**, a c£200m initiative committed to delivering crucial facilities, skills, and infrastructure into the UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) over a 5-year period. The Programme aims to support the Authority's ambitious objectives regarding the development of Fusion Energy as the future's green energy source.
We seek an **Assistant Project Manager** to join the **Site Improvements Project (SIP)** within the Fusion Foundations Programme. This role collaborates closely with the Senior PM to analyze workstreams, enhance project controls and documentation, and contribute to standard project activities such as RAID management, progress reporting, stakeholder engagement, and milestone monitoring.
- Manage and lead project work packages to achieve outcomes within time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Oversee day-to-day management and leadership of project tasks, ensuring robust project assurance and governance.
- Monitor and report against the assigned budget, providing cost estimations and tracking delivery within the budget.
- Identify and manage stakeholder relationships, internal and external, while addressing risks and issues proactively.
- Support the Senior Project Manager in demonstrating effective governance and decision-making aligned with organizational policies.
- Engage in assurance reviews and manage change processes to align with corporate and Programme procedures.
- Assist in project performance and controls, including milestone delivery and reporting.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner or APM Practitioner Qualification (or both)
- Track record of successful project delivery over a minimum of 2 years.
- IT literate, fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint), with excellent report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at all business levels.
- Experience in budget monitoring/management within financial years.
- Ability to work autonomously, delivering timely outputs with a focus on quality.
- Physical asset delivery from project concept to handover to asset owner.
- Utilities experience, UK Govt Project Capability Delivery Framework exposure, purchasing systems, and contract management.
- MS Project experience, Management of Risk Practitioner, and Managing Successful Programme Practitioner.
At least two years of proven experience in project management and managing technical outputs.
This role demands a proactive and competent Assistant Project Manager with a strong skill set in:
- Managing diverse tasks, meeting deadlines, and producing high-quality reports.
- Liaising with stakeholders, negotiating deliverables, and managing formal change requests.
- Monitoring multiple activities and critical paths for delivery.
- Collaborating with UKAEA colleagues across disciplines and ensuring transparent and accurate updates.
Join us and make an impact by supporting the delivery of crucial projects for the future of Fusion Energy!
*Please note that the information provided in this job advert is subject to change.*
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.