Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Engineering Design Engineer - Fusion Energy Sector
UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA)
Culham, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Type: Full-Time, Contract
At the UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA), we are pioneering the future of clean and sustainable energy through fusion. Our cutting-edge research and development efforts are driving breakthroughs that will power a brighter tomorrow. We are seeking a skilled and motivated Electrical Engineering Design Engineer to join our dynamic team and contribute to the exciting field of fusion energy.
As an Electrical Engineering Design Engineer with UKAEA, you will play a crucial role in designing and specifying electrical systems for our fusion energy programmes. Collaborating within a multi-disciplinary engineering team, you will utilise your expertise to create intricate electrical designs, ensuring precision, safety, and compliance with international standards. Your contributions will be instrumental in advancing the future of energy technology.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to design complex electrical systems using a database-driven CAD application.
- Design electrical systems for automated control, robotics, LV distribution, motion control, and PLCs.
- Conduct calculations for circuit protection, cable sizing, and load estimation.
- Produce detail drawings and diagrams adhering to UKAEA and international standards.
- Select appropriate components for electrical systems and manage database libraries.
- Ensure accurate configuration of technical information with support from the configuration team.
- Maintain proactive communication with the engineering team, resolving design issues and progressing designs.
- Perform formal checks on other designers' work and present design reviews.
- Adhere to UKAEA procedures, processes, and protocols to meet project deadlines.
- Coordinate Electrical Design tasks according to project priorities and deadlines.
- Provide input to project plans to maintain delivery targets.
- Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Proficiency in using SolidWorks Electrical, EPLAN, AutoCAD Electrical, or other database-driven CAD systems.
- Familiarity with international standards and legislation including BS EN 60204 and BS 7671.
- Strong knowledge of Design for Manufacture principles.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluent in written and spoken English language.
- Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Familiarity with SmarTeam PDM system or equivalent.
- Experience in Automation, Process Plant, or Robotics.
- Understanding of Functional Safety relevant to complex industrial systems.
- BS 7671 18th Edition Wiring Regulations certification.
Why Join UKAEA?
Joining the UKAEA means becoming part of a pioneering team dedicated to revolutionizing the energy landscape. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside brilliant minds in a collaborative and innovative environment. As an Electrical Engineering Design Engineer, you'll be at the forefront of shaping the future of fusion energy.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.