Are you passionate about communications, particularly in the science & technology space?
Do you have experience in the implementation of proactive communication strategies through internal and external channels?
Do you have strong copywriting and editing skills to work with us to promote fusion energy - a safe, sustainable, green, and exciting new form of energy.
Have you proven experience working in news/press office environment, preferably in the energy industry, environmental sector or Government?
UKAEA is leading the drive to put fusion energy on the grid, to give the world a new form of long-term, sustainable low-carbon electricity. At their sites at Culham, Oxfordshire and Rotherham, South Yorkshire, they have a rapidly growing workforce to fulfil their expanding programme of research, focused on delivering the UK's first fusion prototype power plant by 2040.
There has never been a more exciting time to join UKAEA. We are growing rapidly as an organisation. In this role you'll become a key member of the Communications team, which is integrated, hard-working, warm, welcoming, and growing!
You'll be working with colleagues in the Communications department, as well as Business Unit leads across the business and some media, to ensure activity supports the successful delivery of UKAEA's communications.
In this role you will:-
* Proactively find opportunities to communicate our key messages using internal and external channels
* Write and publish copy such as opinion pieces, features, news stories for the intranet and social media, press releases, and select marketing collateral
* Coordinate and develop content relevant to Culham Science Centre's marketing plan
* Plan and execute comms activity aligned to a longer-term strategy
* Organisation of media training and media planning
* Build relationships with senior personnel across the various Business Units.
A degree, relevant professional qualifications or at least three years' experience working in communications and/or media relations.
You will have proven experience working in a news/press office environment, preferably in the energy industry, environmental sector or Government, and be comfortable using digital channels to reach a range of different audiences.
In addition, your experience should include:
* Proactive across communications disciplines
* Cooperative team player who enjoys working in diverse teams
* Ability to see the big picture and to find relevance for UKAEA in external contexts
* Excellent knowledge of the developing media landscape as well as social media trends
* Ability to assess information by its actual or potential commercial impact
* Very strong writing and editorial skills.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.