Role: Mechanical Engineer
Location: HQ - Horsham
They are pioneers of unique technology, delivering clean energy to address climate change and improve air quality. They are working with world-leading partners to embed their technology in mass-market energy products for the commercial, residential and transportation markets. They recruited over 150 people in last few years even throughout the pandemic and are continuing to grow with exciting partnerships in the pipeline.
The primary purpose of this position is to take a lead role in the development of innovative SOFC & SOEC product designs as part of the Mechanical Engineering function group. This role focuses on supporting the released products within the In Service Support department.
- Participate and support the development of mechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer and materials engineering.
- Build and implement appropriate validation and verification testing plans to prove part and system performance and quality.
- Contribute to and support design risks assessment activities for products already in production
- Engage in and lead problem resolution tasks including support of post-test analysis activity and develop counter measures using 8D tools.
- Lead and provide input to engineering specifications, drawings and CAD models.
- Interact with Manufacturing Engineering to account for Design for Assembly and Support production during product assembly.
- Write technical reports on validation and failure modes and mechanisms, interpreting from literature, test data, post-test analysis (PTA) reports, CAE analyses and materials analyses.
What a great candidate looks like:
The successful candidate will have excellent technical and communication skills, taking a pivotal role in solving improving and verifying product designs. They will have a flair for structuring information and an attention to detail using strong scientific based approaches, working from first principles in areas of high innovation within a low volume production environment. They will also have a strong delivery focus, using their technical knowledge and mechanical engineering tools to ensure that designs meet requirements and to minimise risk.
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher-level engineering qualification.
- Minimum two years' experience related to the above accountabilities; experience in the automotive, aerospace, power generation or white-goods sectors would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of design risk analysis and mitigation tools such as DFMEA.
- Knowledge of materials engineering, heat transfer, thermodynamics, mechanics and test engineering would all be beneficial.
- Experience with a 3D CAD program such as Creo, a product data management tool such as DDM, Windchill or Teamcenter as well as drawing standards such as BS 8888.
- Some familiarity with small batch and series production manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Familiarity with agile project management techniques such as Scrum.
If this role is of interest please hit APPLY NOW, or alternatively you can send your CV or call Ricky Shaw at the Rullion HQ in Altrincham for more information.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.