Production Operative - Congleton
The role will involve working on a section of a large production line making variable speed drives, an example of stages on the line are below:
- Surface Mount (SMT) - first part of the process, utilising a computer to stencil soldering paste and input small components onto a blank PCB board
- Through hole (THT) - the PCB board moves from the surface mount area into THT, where larger components are placed onto the PCB board by hand according to instructions on a screen.
- Mechanical - The PCB then moves down the line and the soldering are checked manually before moving on to be coated and cured
- The PCB is then fitted onto a base plate with a power board and the unit's casing is fitted on along with a fan
- The whole drive is then function tested before being sent to the last stage of the line which is packaging with instructions ready for dispatch
You will be responsible for:
- Setting up and controlling production programs
- Controlling operations and monitoring process results, acts according to contingency plans in case of deviations.
- Making predefined and specialised quality checks.
- Contributing to judgement on production results.
- Engaging maintenance staff for repair and maintenance issues, ensuring the line is down for the least time possible
- Advising directly related manufacturing staff on any issues with the line
Must be able to work shifts, either.
Double days - 06:00 - 14:00 and 14:00 - 22:00 on a weekly rotation (must be able to work both shifts)
Nights - Sunday - Thursday - 22:00 - 06:00
Above all, the ability to work well as part of a team, have a good work ethic and a good team fit is what we are after.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.