Electrical Maintenance Technician
Job DescriptionJob Title: Electrical Maintenance Technician
Location: Workington, Cumbria
Type: Permanent / Contract
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 / £25 p/h via Umbrella Company
Start Date: Asap
Rullion are currently working with a dynamic international company with more than a century of leadership in the manufacture of health, agriculture and performance chemicals. Their culture is built on mutual trust and respect for all employees enabling the focus on providing the best products and solutions to their customers.
This opportunity to join a chemical manufacturing company on the edge of the Lake District has just recently opened and may be of particular interest to Armed Forces Veterans, or those about to leave the service.
Role & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking an Electrical Maintenance Technician to be located at our Clients upper tier COMAH chemical manufacturing facility in Workington, Cumbria. The successful candidate will undertake maintenance and engineering tasks in support of the site's requirements for safety, regulatory action and productivity. A time served electrical, control and instrument technician is required to support a very busy engineering team undertaking preventative and reactive maintenance in an upper tier COMAH site. Safety is the number one priority for this role.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring at all times that the electrical, control and instrumentation maintenance and installation tasks are completed safely and to a high standard.
- Conduct fault finding activities against electrical systems (including 415v 3 phase systems), DCS/PLC control systems and digital/analogue instruments.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with applicable instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches.
- Conduct prescribed inspection routines and alarm/trip testing to comply with the UK COMAH safety management system plan.
- Complete reliability based preventative maintenance tasks as directed.
- 4 Year Apprenticeship or Level 2 NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience post electrical, control and instrumentation apprenticeship/training coupled with current relative experience.
- Experience conducting electrical role in an upper tier COMAH site, preferably in the chemical manufacturing industry.
- Experience of working in hazardous areas (ATEX/DSEAR) including understanding of BS EN60079.
- COMPEX 01-04 trained and qualified
- Experience of fault finding on DCS/PLC and hardwired control and instrumentation systems.
- Experience of 415v 3 phase electrical systems
- Experience with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
Are you a motivated, self-driven individual looking for their next opportunity? Want to be a part of a company who is a leading provider in their field? If you are suitable for the role and interested in working for a forward-thinking global company, APPLY NOW!
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.