Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Estimator
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Background in Construction
- Background in Estimating
- Background in Structural Steelwork
IDEALLY YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Ideally qualified to HNC level or above in an appropriate discipline
The role of the Estimator will include the preparation of tenders from Engineer's and Architect's drawings, attaining new business through new and existing clients, following up on existing tenders and attending meetings with clients to discuss tenders.
You will be confident in managing and coordinating all aspect of your tenders, ensuring all requirements have been fulfilled and complied with and will provide costing's and proposals within the agreed timeframes.
The ideal candidate will be local to Cumbria, but remote working will be considered for the right candidate.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Receiving enquiries and carrying out accurate take offs from structural engineer drawings.
- Preparing tenders.
- Liaising with the Head of Estimating and Project team to develop tender execution plans and communicating the tender strategy effectively to all team members.
- Liaising with the Contracts Director to understand and interpret site requirements.
- Developing relationships with Client Estimators & Surveyors from initial contact.
- Liaising with our Supply Chain for secondary trade quotations & understanding those products (precast concrete, metal decking, edge protection etc.).
- Attend tender settlement meetings with the Company Directors to confirm understanding of each individual tender.
- Submission of tenders, ensuring customer timelines are strictly adhered to.
- Organising client meetings to discuss our tenders; scope, specification, terms, inclusions, exclusions, price, programme, methodology etc.
- Carrying out tasks to assist the Head of Estimating.
Desired Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to interpret and work from structural Engineer's & Architect's drawings.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven relationship builder.
- Excellent IT and Computer Skills including Microsoft Office, Excel & Project.
- Professional telephone & video-conferencing skills.
- Energetic, ambitious with a strong desire to succeed.
- Willingness to learn and develop all aspects of the business.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and also under your own initiative when required.
- A valid UK Driving license.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.