Project Engineer - Structural Steelwork
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Project Engineer - Structural Steelwork
SALARY/BENEFITS: £40,560 + attractive overtime rates & Benefits Package
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Educated to engineering degree level or equivalent, in a related area
- Considerable CAD experience with a strong emphasis on steel framed and steel cladded buildings
- Experience in the use of Tekla or similar 3D steelwork modelling software package,
- Understanding of, and experience with BIM
- In depth knowledge of Cold Rolled Purlins and Sheeting Rails (METSEC, Kingspan & Ayrshire),
- Knowledge of British Standards/Eurocodes in as far as they apply to Structural Steelwork & Access Metalwork
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Engage with Consulting Engineers & Architects to obtain all necessary information for the preparation of our Steelwork Models and to ensure their requirements are met
- Co-ordinate with in-house Cladding Engineers and Specialist Sub-Contractors to ensure compatibility of Steelwork Structure with all Building Envelope Requirements
- Preparation of Structural Steelwork models for Tendering & Construction purposes using Tekla Structures, including hot rolled steelwork, metalwork and proprietary cold rolled systems such as METSEC, Kingspan & Ayrshire
- Development of steelwork connection details
Preparation of general arrangement drawings
- Preparation of fabrication drawings
- Preparation of site installation drawings
- Incorporating all necessary information into the Steelwork Model, including Surface Treatment, Fire Protection etc.
- Visit sites to establish and check dimensional requirements, particularly when joining-on to existing buildings
- Ensure Building Regulations are complied with, particularly with respect to Metalwork items such as ladders, stairs, handrails & balustrading
- Interact with BSS Commercial Department to assist with Applications For Payment and in the identification, management and tracking of changes to tender requirements
- Measurement of Structural Steelwork for estimating and final account purposes,
- Creating 2D and 3D views of the model to assist with tender submissions, drawing approvals, sub-contract tender packages, and the co-ordination of other trades.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.