Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
RATE: Up to £33/hr Umbrella
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- A thorough working knowledge of relevant British, European and International Standards, and other industry authority publications.
- An appreciation and understanding of the Construction & Design Management Regulations 2015.
- An ability to size and specify equipment, valves, instruments and piping components.
- Experience with the creation and detailing of Bills of Material for plant equipment.
- An ability to size and specify mechanical items such as hoists, support steelwork, pipe supports, bracketry, locking mechanisms etc.
- A good understanding of manufacturing codes/standards and familiarity of available manufacturing techniques.
- Experience in the production of mechanical calculations.
- Experience in the production of mechanical technical documents e.g. Basis of Design, Design Risk Assessment, Testing Strategies, Installation Method Statements.
- Ability to produce mechanical designs using 2D and/or 3D CAD (AutoCAD & Inventor preferable).
IDEALLY YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Chartered Engineer/incorporated or working towards and engaged on a programme of Continual Professional Development.
- Supplementary safety and industry specific training (such as CCNSG, SMTD card, IOSH, courses).
- Writing technical specifications for system design, manufacture, installation and operation.
- Detailed knowledge of the design and configuration of long handled tool/remote handling systems.
- A knowledge of the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008.
- Knowledge of radiometric systems.
- P4 Pass Holder.
- BPSS Clearance.
- SC Clearance
- Liaison with both contractors and suppliers.
- Participation in internal design meetings and technical reviews.
- Checking of Design Engineer technical deliverables (calculations, drawings, documents).
- Liaison/ define boundaries with other disciplines such as Electrical Design, Process Design, Client Operations Team.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.