JOB TITLE: Project Manager
RATE: £45 - £55 Umbrella
Project Manager able to lead a project of limited complexity or assist in managing complex projects. Project Managers may also lead small groups of non-complex projects.
Top 5 Major Tasks and Activities
- Lead on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality within the project.
- Managing the Customer Interface and associated management of the project including identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing response to these and responding to other issues that affect the project.
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project , defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with the Business Management System;
- Leading the project to deliver world class performance by means of employee engagement, continuous improvement and identifying and implementing the latest technology;
- Accountable for planning and monitoring the programme (profit & loss) ; agree plans with the Business Unit Director and submit regular Monthly Review Reports indicating any deviations and corrective action taken
Additional Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with project stakeholders;
- Commitment to and the ongoing monitoring of programme baseline (cost / schedule / risk)
- Responsible for coordinating activities and dependencies within the project and identifying external dependencies on other projects, resource or environments
- Effectively managing the resources, influencing and supporting the development of individuals in their continued professional development
- Planning and controlling finances as a means of driving performance
- Provide a point of escalation for project team members
- Responsible for managing third party suppliers to achieve the desired programme outcomes
- Attending and contributing the business PM Forum
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
- Extensive experience in a Project Management position
- Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…)
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out
- A bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field (or equivalent)
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) (previously APMP) working towards Chartered Project Professional (ChPP)
- IOSH Managing Safely or higher safety qualifications preferred
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.