Job DescriptionJob Title: Environmental Advisor
12 month contract
1. Member of the project team, supporting and providing environmental leadership. Provision of environmental management guidance, support, challenge, input to meetings, design change impact assessment(s), and working collaboratively with the project team to produce environmental deliverables, as required by the project in its particular project phase.
2. Support discussions with Regulators.
3. Provide support to the project, on issues such as, but not limited to, construction environmental management, design optimisation, visual impact, ecology and planning application support.
4. Provision of environmental management guidance, support, challenge and working collaboratively with the project team to produce environmental deliverables.
5. Identify the scope of environmental deliverables and workstreams, and help incorporate them into an overall project schedule/programme of work.
6. Manage delivery of the environmental work packages required across the project lifecycle.
7. Facilitate acquisition of resources to ensure all environmental deliverables are completed to time, quality and cost.
8. Provide technical advice to project teams on regulatory compliance and other environmental subjects.
9. Support discussions with Regulators, and potentially other interested external stakeholders, on environmental matters.
10. Manage environmental assurance within the project, including assurance reviews and delivery of environmental audits, for example, of the construction site(s); with additional themed audits as considered appropriate.
11. Act as the single point of contact for the project for compiling internal and external environmental approvals/consents/permits.
12. Support sitewide/programme initiatives as required, for example, input into the annual environmental permit reviews.
13. Draw on, and share relevant Learning From Experience (LFE).
14. Develop and deliver a programme to enhance the environmental culture and the environmental awareness within the project.
Dependent upon the nature, complexity and stage/phase, people management may be required.
Must have previous project environmental leadership experience:
2. Must have previous Regulator engagement experience.
3. Evidence of working collaboratively within a project team.
4. Proven ability to produce clear concise written documents.
5. Ability to work largely unsupervised, but at the same time, willing to seek advice and direction as required.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.