Assistant Project Manager
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Assistant Project Manager
RATE/SALARY/BENEFITS: £40-£47.70 Ltd / £30.69- £36.51 PAYE
The Assistant Project Manager operates in support of Project Managers covering specific project tasks, deputising for the lead Project Manager or sometimes managing non-complex projects under supervision.
The Assistant Project Manager is expected to apply the central project management competencies to a sufficient level. They are unlikely to have full-delegated accountability for project financial, commercial and resource decision-making but may apply these aspects under varying levels of supervision and/or sub project delegation.
- Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates to ensure the project is accurately planned and reported
- Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
- Apply the Business Management System (BMS) appropriately for the project and produce and communicate project-reporting data on Project Controls and Finance systems.
- Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management plans.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field (or equivalent)
- APM Project Management Qualification
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out
- Application of core project management techniques
- Ideally recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
- Ideally awareness of various contracting methodologies (eg FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…)
- Awareness of Engineering principles and common project challenges
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.