Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Engineer - SC Cleared
RATE/SALARY/BENEFITS: £40p/h LTD Umbrella or £30.69p/h PAYE
The role exists in order to develop and implement site electrical / mechanical arrangements across all aspects of site activities (e.g. Installation, Commissioning, Operations) in support of the overall project lifecycle.
The Electrical / Mechanical Engineer is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to supervise electrical / mechanical installation/maintenance activities for the project, establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
- Ensure that construction work is undertaken to specification by the implementation of safe working methods.
- Ensure that changes are effectively controlled and that work is co-ordinated to minimise delays and costs in meeting construction programme dates.
- Ensure that contractors and their supervisors are competent to undertake their respective roles and ensure they take positive action to maintain safety, health and environmental arrangements to the highest possible standards.
- Actively assist with the production and delivery of documentation for the construction work-pack.
- Ensure personnel are appropriately briefed to safely undertake the duties within their control.
- Ensure that the construction work is supervised, checked and accepted in accordance with the relevant specifications, drawings and standards of workmanship.
- Liaise with designers and / or technical experts to ensure correct interpretation of their requirements and obtain authorisation for modifications as a consequence of local conditions.
- Produce forecasts of resource and labour requirements to satisfy the needs of a project programme, for their respective work area.
- Keep auditable daily records of work undertaken by themselves and those within their control.
- Allocate labour and resources within their area of the works in a manner consistent with the programme of works ensuring that work is appropriately inspected and accepted.
- Provide effective communication and co-ordination, liaise on interface working and ensure that overall work is planned and co-ordinated to achieve construction programme dates.
- Produce, and maintain in a timely manner, the documentation required for their part of the works. This includes Implementation Quality Plans, Method Statements, and Risk Assessments etc.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Current SC or DV security clearance
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Valid CSCS Card
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.