Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Mechanical Supervisor
RATE/SALARY/BENEFITS: £28p/h LTD or £21.62p/h PAYE
Current SC clearance must be in place
- The role exists in order to develop and implement site mechanical arrangements across all aspects of site activities (e.g. Installation, Commissioning, Operations) in support of the overall project lifecycle.
- The Mechanical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to supervise mechanical installation/maintenance activities for the project, establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
- The Site Mechanical Supervisor will also undertake specific activities on behalf of the Mechanical function as required.
- Ensure that suitable Risk Assessments (including Point of Work Risk Assessments) have been undertaken, prior to commencement of work, in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate, specific Health, Safety and Environmental and Welfare Plan (HSEW Plan)
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments
- Deliver Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs
- Set to Work the Technicians under your control
- Liaison between Designers, Engineers, General Forman and Point of Work
- Supervise the 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent
- Valid SC clearance currently in place
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering preferred or approved apprenticeship (or equivalent City & Guilds / NVQ) along with experience in mechanical installation environment
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CSCS Card in appropriate discipline
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Course (SSSTC)
- NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
- 10 years Mechanical experience, preferably 5 of which as Foreman/Supervisor, and 3 of these on site, -covering Installation/Maintenance topics
- Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation
- Interpret and work to Mechanical Diagrams and Drawings
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry
- Knowledge of Hydraulic Systems an advantage
- Understanding of QC1 build
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.