Assistant Project Manager
Job DescriptionThe Assistant Project Manager (APM) role offers a diverse workload with an increase in responsibilities from the Project Assistant (PA) role in order to develop experience and skills towards a Project Manager (PM) role. The role has two primary key objectives, firstly to assist the PM on delivery of projects from handover through to successful project delivery and secondly, to oversee and take project management responsibilities for development projects. The purpose of working alongside the PM is to ensure all information is communicated effectively and tasks are completed in a timely manner to maintain project delivery of the highest standard.
BSc or MSc in related field - Construction, Project Management
Experience of developing Method Statements and Risk Assessments
Ecological knowledge and/or Construction Knowledge with an interest in the outdoor environment
First Aid qualification - 3-day course preferable
SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme
Radiodetection CAT 4 Series & Radiodetection Genny 4 certificate of training
1-2 years' experience in the Construction or Project Management sector
A full clean UK driving licence is required.
- Work alongside PM to assist with the project delivery
- Assist on tasks and activities alongside the PM for small or large projects for infrastructure and water
- All project paperwork including Construction Phase Plans, Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Site Inductions
- Permitting and consent applications
- Working to project budgets
- Working within and developing project Scope
- Draft project programmes on Microsoft Project and using GANTT charts
- Organising all plant & materials with 1 month or more lead-in time
- Produce Purchase Orders from approved suppliers for materials that can be called off by the Site Managers
- Record & report project information
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Weekly reporting of all project information to Project Manager including progress, programme, budget, risk and accidents and near misses
- Responsible for the weekly reporting of progress, programme, budget and risk to the Client on development projects
- Assisting in designing out risks where possible or reduce & mitigate risk
- Manage the development of RAMS and gain PM approval
- Immediate reporting of all accidents to the PM
- Weekly reporting of all Near Hits to the Delivery and IMS team.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.