Project Controls Manager
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Project Controls Manager
RATE/SALARY/BENEFITS: £50-60p/h LTD/Umbrella or £38.25-£45.81 PAYE
- Responsible for establishing/maintaining or adhering to the specific PMO governance, processes and procedures across a project
- Establish the project baseline position in terms of scope/cost /schedule and the ongoing governance control of these.
- Manage scheduling staff to develop, manage, revise, and analyse integrated project schedules including all phases of project execution
- Manage project controls staff to provide cost management/change management/risk & opportunity management and document management provision.
- Provision of regular management reporting both internal and external to the project to provide relevant, accurate and reliable information on the status and forecast of the project.
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing governance reviews at appropriate points during the project lifecycle
- Planning and controlling of finances
- Gathering independent evidence to provide confidence that the project is likely to achieve the success criteria
Integration and alignment of project control toolsets
- Deputise for the Project Manager
- Ensure that PMO requirements are flowed down into the supply chain
- Planning and tracking of benefits
- Schedule and Cost Risk analysis inputs/outputs
- Develop and mentor staff ensuring succession planning is in place
- Attending and contributing to communities of practise or forums
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
- Extensive experience in a PMO position
- Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3, NEC4/JCT etc…)
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
- Have expert knowledge of PMO toolsets and the integration of these
- A bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field;
- A postgraduate qualification is also desirable, as is membership in a professional body;
- Ideally APM qualified preferably to Chartered Project Professional (ChPP)
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.