Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: EC& I Engineer
RATE: £35 - £40/ Hr Ltd/ Umb) £26.60 - £33.30/ Hr (PAYE)
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with the organisation is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When becoming part of the Cavendish Nuclear team, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
- Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types
- Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks
- Communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
- The ability to attain baseline UK security clearance
IDEALLY YOU WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Chartered Status or actively working toward Chartered Status
- Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
- Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
This is the level for a competent, experienced and skilled engineer who understands the concepts and principles in a generalist subject area; designs, develops or contributes to determination of solutions to problems and issues in a generalist subject area. Able to work on a range of engineering problems involving some complexity. Typically, works independently and under occasional supervision, can refer to others or seek guidance for more unusual or complex problems and situations.
The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.