Lead Maintenance Engineer
Location: United Kingdom, North West England, Knutsford
Lead Maintenance Engineer
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Lead Maintenance Engineer
SALARY: Market Rate with Benefits
Rullion are working exclusively with a fantastic globally recognised client with over 150 years of specialist knowledge who are on a journey of growth and development. They are looking for a Lead Maintenance Engineer to join the team and aid in the regeneration and progression of their historic site based in Cheshire.
They are looking to appoint a Lead Maintenance Engineer to look after maintenance operations for our client's production and site operations, including out of hours response when required. This role will also identify and manage improvements to the reliability and efficiency of site engineering systems and identify and manage regulatory issues. You will be supported by a company that allows you the autonomy to make a difference and bring your valued skills to the fore. If you are excited by technical challenges, interested by diverse working and strive to make a difference then apply now!
- Lead and manage Craft team to investigate problems and effect fault finding and repairs on production and site systems. Accept final responsibility for fault finding on relevant systems.
- Proactively manage and maintain all engineering equipment in the provision of services required.
- Liaise with Production and other departments to identify problem areas and implement improvements and modifications as required.
- Identify modifications to site systems to improve reliability and efficiency and improve sustainability by replacing obsolete equipment.
- Provide recommendations to the Head of Engineering for potential expenditure to be included in the capital and revenue budgets.
- Plan and implement planned maintenance schedules within Production and site areas.
- Motivate Craft to achieve satisfactory performance and productivity. Monitor performance and advise reward and disciplinary actions to the Head of Engineering.
- Implement out of hours response when required and make appropriate decisions when management support is not available.
- Identify and implement changes to ensure compliance with statutory regulations. Liaise with Head of Engineering to identify remedial works requiring more detailed planning.
- Undertake all activities in line with company Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures, inclusive of the mandatory wearing of PPE, and participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace.
Required Skills & Experience
- HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Proven supervisory experience/leadership of teams.
- Significant experience in a production engineering environment.
- Proven technical competence and an ability to understand complex mechanical and electrical systems.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and manage staff.
- Has a proactive and effective approach to fault finding. Able to identify problems and solutions using data and verbal feedback from other personnel.
- Able to effectively manage a team of Craftsmen by assigning priorities and directing and monitoring their work.
- Able to plan and think strategically and apply effective change management practices.
- Proven communication skills. Able to communicate technical and other relevant information to Management and within the Craft team.
- Ability to manage under time and production pressures.
- Takes pride in the standard of work produced by the department.
- Demonstrable team working skills within multi-disciplinary teams involving Engineers and other personnel.
- Able to adopt a flexible approach to company requests within your level of responsibility, skill set, training and knowledge.
Please contact Jordan Steele at Rullion HQ to apply for this unique opportunity.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.