Coordination Group Manager
Job DescriptionAre you passionate about our governments commitment to Net Zero by 2015?
Here at Rullion we are recruiting for a Coordination Group Manager to support our client with The Pathway to Growth workstream.
This workstream is a Government commitment as part of the offshore Wind Sector Deal to achieve 30GW (40GW) consented and operational projects by 2030 and to meet the target of Net Zero by 2050.
The P2G workstream aims to understand and navigate the challenges faced by consents and cumulative environment impacts to meet the Sector Deal commitments and report these to Government via OWIC and the Sector Delivery Team, which P2G forms part.
This role is responsible for managing, coordinating and leading the resolution to the P2G barriers within the UK's offshore wind Sector Deal. The barriers to consents and licencing in offshore wind are complicated and involve numerous stakeholders, sometimes across different jurisdictions and with conflicting priorities. The role holder will require to have a good understanding of the issues, be independent and well connected with all stakeholders. They would also need to have an appreciation of the conflicts of organisations sharing information and importantly have the appropriate manner to lead the people involved and draw out the relevant discussion points and solutions to resolve the barriers.
The role holder will:
- Be required to have comprehensive project management and communication skills.
- Have good relationships with representatives from the UK, and devolved Governments/Authorities, SNCBS, regulatory bodies in offshore wind consenting, industry bodies/associations, TCE, CES, NGOs and Developers.
- Be able to understand the significance of strategic consenting issues.
Have excellent leadership skills with a senior group of experts and experience of facilitating workshops and meetings.
- Be responsible for working collaboratively with the experts from the P2G Coordination Group to agree and create the action plans to resolve the barriers. Communicate the relevant parts of the plans ensuring a thorough understanding of the plan, its implications on budget (if necessary), delivery dates, resources and deliverables.
- Be responsible for selecting the appropriate experts in the Coordination Group to work in sub groups to resolve barriers.
- Communicate and escalate issues to the different P2G group structures as appropriate.
- Strong understanding of offshore wind industry with +5 years expereince.
- Experience of working in a strategic Government led Working Group with a common goal and participants who have differing interests.
- Experience of UK and devolved Governement/Authorities, Local Government, Development Agency or similar organisation/sectors.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultancy and client liaison skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to focus on strategic issues.
Given the current situation with COVID- 19 it is expected that initially all work will be done remotely, while working at home and all meetings will be done virtually (i.e. not face to face). In the future there may be some need to travel for meetings.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.