Location: Edinburgh, Dunbar, Scotland, United Kingdom
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Mechanical Technician
LOCATION: Torness, Scotland
RATE: Limited: £22 - £28 p/h (LTD) / £16.89 - £21.37 p/h (PAYE)
Duration: 8 months+
Security: CTC (used within the last 12 months)
The position would suit an individual motivated to succeed and comfortable working in a team environment. The role will involve working with a team of engineers and technicians in the completion of cradle to grave installations and modifications to plant and systems as part of a project investment delivery programme. Such responsibilities will include:
1) Report to the Cavendish Nuclear Site Supervisor/Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
2) Undertake all work as instructed by the Site Supervisor/Engineer to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Work Order Card; Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
3) Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the Project Supervisor/Engineer.
4) Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
5) Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
6) Refrain from defeating or interfere with, anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.)
7) Use any plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instructions provided.
8) 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
9) Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
10) Attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of safety and Company policy.
11) Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
12) Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
The Mechanical Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
Recognised appropriate apprenticeship scheme completion (Mechanical Engineering)
CCNSG Safety Passport Required
Worked on EDF Power Stations or in the Nuclear Environment
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
HOW TO APPLY:
Simply send us your cv today by applying online and a member of our team will be in contact with you as soon as possible. Please note at busy times we are unable to get back to all applicants. If you've not heard anything within 48 hours, thank you, however it does mean you were unsuccessful.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.