Process Technology Team Leader
Job DescriptionPOSITION: Process Technology Team Leader
LOCATION: Ellesmere Port
SALARY: Competitive salary + excellent benefits
Rullion are working with a leading player in downstream energy who produces over 16% of the UKs transport fuels. A company whose commitment to safe and healthy working conditions and following the best operating practices to protect the environment underpins everything they do. The company has an embedded safety culture, technically challenging work across the different parts of the business and some of the best training available in the energy industry.
The Unit Technology Team Leader will sit in our clients Utilities, Energy and Process Chemistry department and manage a team of Chemical Engineers. The Technology team provides support to production which is split into five units. The units/teams are responsible for both short and medium term front line support and assist larger project development within their respective areas.
This role influences many aspects of site profitability and provides technical assurance, directly influencing process safety.
- Graduate recruitment and support (development to Chartered status).
- Ensure the Team monitors, assesses and reports short through to long term performance.
- Consistent application of processes and systems across the team.
- Process scope definition and optimisation.
- Identify continuous improvement potential.
- Identify and escalate process related threats to Production.
- Develop and commission small/medium sized projects.
- Provide input to larger/more technically complex projects.
- Provide technical input to the procurement process.
- Support the preparation and execution of maintenance events such as outages, turnarounds, pit stops and shutdowns.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally CEng with a MEng in Chemical Engineering or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in providing technical support in an Operations environment
- Prior experience of leading a team
- Lead by building a culture of continuous improvement.
- Inspire and drive the organisation to improve processes and systems that will support safety, reliability and financial performance.
- Able to build plans based around customer data and insight.
Do you have the enthusiasm and energy to make a sustainable impact? Do you want to be surrounded by experts working towards the same goal? Apply today!
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.