Senior EC&I Engineer
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Senior EC&I Engineer
LOCATION: Newbury, Berkshire
RATE/SALARY/BENEFITS: Inside IR35 from April 2020, rate dependent on experience
To lead and/or be part of a team delivering engineering conceptual and detailed design, drawings, modelling, calculations, and technical solutions in the delivery of customer funded tasks and projects.
- Ensuring that procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
- Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design basis documentation and technical reports.
- Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving technical Scopes of Work, technical specifications, assessing tender returns, then checking/assessing and/or approving the outputs to ensure that the requirements of the design contract are met.
- Providing technical support to those packages throughout the design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning phases of the project to ensure that the design intent is maintained.
- Maintaining the engineering configuration, ensuring that the overall design intent and integrity is maintained throughout design development and subsequent changes and managing change control.
- Feeding back lessons learnt for use on other projects.
- Raising quality plans for single discipline work packages.
- Presenting designs for hazard identification, HAZOP studies and design reviews
- Supporting estimates for bids.
- Supervising engineers/technical specialists within the same discipline.
- Ensuring adequate functional peer review/input to delivery.
- Liaising with client project and design team
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Degree or equivalent in an electrical engineering discipline, HND/HNC minimum
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
- Corporate member of one or more relevant professional institutions Significant experience of the nuclear industry and decommissioning projects or other safety or regulated industry preferred.
- Experience should cover a range of electrical engineering and technical topics
- Experience of supervising design draftsmen to produce design drawings
- Production of cable calculations using Amtech and lighting calculations using Dialux.
- Ideally have a working knowledge BS EN 61508
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.