Principle Mech Engineer (Business Services Design)
Job DescriptionPosition: Principle Mechanical Engineer (Building Design Services)
Our client is a design and engineering company that specialises in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle. They are looking to recruit a Principle Mechanical Engineer to assist in achieving holistic building solutions to the client brief, take responsibility for the delivery of projects and work closely with clients to develop and nurture relationships that result in new opportunities and repeat business.
The successful candidate will also assist in designing and specifying all aspects of mechanical building services in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations, contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams and contribute to the development of the mechanical services department as required.
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Chartered and degree qualified in Building Services, Mechanical or related.
- A member of a Professional institute such as CIBSE or IET (Preferable)
- Proven track record in mechanical services design, in one or more of the following sectors: Transportation (including Rail, Underground and Airports), Commercial and Mixed use, Public Sector, (including Education, Defence, Healthcare and Custodial)
- Proven track record of project delivery, together with notable projects across the aforementioned sectors, major local developments and multi disciplinary work
- The ability to lead teams of engineers as part of multi-discipline design team
- Strong demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- Fully conversant with technical and legislation requirements for Mechanical services equipment and installation design and management
- Ability to organise a team to develop designs from RIBA 0 through to 4c
- Experienced in managing external design and vendors organisations
- Ability to understand and approve technical calculations performed by junior engineering staff
- Have a good appreciation of business to ensure commercial requirement to ensure gross margin
targets are achieved
- Competent writer of letters, quotations, proposals, presentations and reports
- Experience of low carbon engineering, preferably a CIBSE LCC or energy assessor
- Experience of designing to achieve BREEAM ratings
- Practical experience on-site (Resident Engineer or similar) Preferred
If you are interested in being a part of a company with a pride and passion for designing award-winning, safe and sustainable solutions, apply now!
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.