Mechanical Engineer (Building Services Design)
Job DescriptionPosition: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Salford or Warwick
Our client is a design and engineering company that specialises in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle. They are looking to recruit 2 x Mechanical Engineers to provide Building Services design to a range of different buildings types to assist with the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints.
- Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to determine, define and achieve holistic building solutions to client brief
- Design and specify all aspects of Building Services in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations
- Maintain a knowledge of current issues related to current issues related to general construction and specifically Mechanical/Electrical building services guidelines, standards and regulations
- Contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
- Assist in the training and development of junior members of the design team
- Review and provide a peer group audit function of the designs of other team members
- Participate in effective presentations to external organisations, clients and peer groups
- Think 'Project' not 'Discipline'
- Contribute to the development of the Building Services Department as required
- Contribute to bids as requested
- Prepare for internal design reviews
- Undertake all actions identified in design reviews
- Undertake design for a wide range of project types and sizes
- Communicate with the departmental management to ensure that resource requirements are clearly understood
- Provide support to Graduates in their professional development
- Provide feedback on the performance of the department from the technical and operational perspective
Skills and Experience
- Member of a professional institute
- Registered with the engineering Council I Eng. Or C Eng.
- Experience in Mechanical/Electrical Services design, in one or more of the following market sectors:
- Transportation, including Rail, underground and airports
- Commercial and mixed use
- Public sector including education, defence, healthcare, Labs and custodial
- Proven track record of project delivery
- Strong demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internal and externally with an open and inclusive style
- Fully conversant with technical and legislation requirements for mechanical/electrical services equipment and installation design and management
- Ability to understand and approve technical calculations performed by junior engineering staff
- Competent writer of letters, quotations, proposals, presentation and reports
If you are interested in being a part of a company with a pride and passion for designing award-winning, safe and sustainable solutions, apply now!
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.