Principal/ Senior Structural Engineer
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Principal/ Senior Structural Engineer
RATE: £50/ Hr (Ltd/Umb)
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with the organisation is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When becoming part of the Cavendish Nuclear team, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Nuclear Experience
- Knowledge of Sellafield processes and procedures
- Current UK Security clearance at SC level or Higher
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered Engineer
- Extensive Experience of Structural Steelwork and Concrete
- Extensive Experience of undertaking structural calculations
- Checking Experience
- Self-motivated and experience of taking a lead role within a team of other engineers and designers
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment, communicating CS&A needs to engineers from Mechanical, Process and Safety Case backgrounds
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.